Friday, February 20, 2009

Tonight I played basketball with my brothers high-school team. Their star player was sick so they let me play in his place, because it was the alumni game. For some reason the referees would let the alumni get away with fouls, double dribble, and traveling. By the time the game was over I had been punched in the jaw, close lined, and my hands were raw from getting slapped.
This frustrated me so bad I was yelling at the refs, and getting unfocused. Basketball is my favorite hobby, past time, get away, and basically the love of my life. That game held no interest for me because, it was not refereed right.
Why do people ruin the things you love most?

2 comments:

MissMirandaV said...

Wow, that sounds more like a wrestling match than basketball. I felt the same about the refs at one of my nephew's football games. They would call off sides and false starts on our team almost every play, but they would never call it on the other team and they were doing it too. Some parents were getting really upset. We had to keep telling one Dad to calm down. After all, the players were only 10 years old, so it didn't matter that much.

dotsmom said...

An organized brawl!

K. Smith
Eng. 226